I am usually a gift hoarder for the valentine day celebration but this year am taking things easy (translation, i always give more gifts than I get, so this year am not buying a lot… tongue out). Massive collectors and mini givers should please take note!
But seriously, why do some people find it hard to accept the concept of a love-celebration-day? Could it be that there is some hardness around your heart that you have not discovered? 😜
Or are we valentine day celebrants the erring ones? For me, It’s nice to know that on a particular day in a year I get to celebrate LOVE. It’s nice to know that on that day your significant other has no other choice (if he/she is wise sha) than to “perform” some tricks that will remind you of the beginning of your love.
Back in High school a lot of my friends were always showered with bag loads of gifts, and although I was a “tapping” girl I never really got any gifts. At least not until University. So right now, I am taking no hostages. Valentine day celebration is a must like Birthdays and Anniversaries.
Everyone has a whole year to plan so excuses should not be tabled. Contrary to popular belief, gifts and the entire exercise doesn’t have to be expensive, it just has to be sweet and thoughtful.
For me the following are a must:
1. Cards, the more the merrier. All sorts of shapes, sizes and colours, just ensure it’s personally signed!
2. Flowers. Yea, you wonder what an african woman wants flowers for. Don’t dwell on it too much. It’s a romantic gesture. Do your bit and watch them pretend to smell it and gaze upon it affectionately. 😀
3. A poem. Whether handwritten, blackberry messaged, texted or read aloud, a poem is a must.
4. Some good old shagging. What better way than to express your love for your significant other, If not to put on your best performance and dazzle him or her with some sexual stunts. For this one, ensure you have your pain reliever ready by your bedside, stand side or sit side (whatever catches your fancy).
5. Above all, show some love. A hug, a kiss, a smooch… just show that person they are valued.
Enjoy your valentine day and do share your Valentine must list.
photo credit: www.quoteshunger.com